Sunday, March 11, 2007

Of late, I wanted to try Fedora Core 6 'Zod' (since its release) but due to procrastination, I tried installing it on the day before yesterday, i.e. Saturday. I first, tested the CD and then did the 'memtest'. All went fine only until the installation process didn't proceed after 'loading the kernel'. I was not very surprised though, as I had expected it.

Earlier too, I had installed Ubuntu 6.06 LTS successfully on an 80GB HDD successfully but it wouldn't boot as soon as I'd attach another 20GB HDD to my PC (Gyandoot). I guessed the problem to be something related with the detection of the HDDs.

Later, I discussed the problem with my friend Utkarshraj Atmaram and he suggested me a visit to http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com . I felt foolish after reading the blog as the solution suggested there had been already learned by me in the Diploma course.

Well, the problem is not yet solved as I am still, in the process of implementation.

No comments: